ICAPP Update (15-12)
Dear Distinguished Members of the ICAPP Standing Committee,
In accordance with the agreements reached at the 24th SC Meeting held in Kuala Lumpur on March 2, SC Members are requested to take the following measures and kindly inform the Secretariat on the results thereof:
1. To recommend their respective governments to co-sponsor the draft resolution to invite the ICAPP as an observer to the work of the UN General Assembly.
2. To recommend their respective governments to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to provide support for the ICAPP activities.
3. To establish national units of the ICAPP Program for Disasters Assistance (IPDA) and register them at the IPDA Secretariat in Kuala Lumpur via the ICAPP Secretariat.
4. To nominate one journalist from each country to form a working group to prepare for the establishment of the ICAPP Media Forum.
5. To nominate two representatives, including one alternate representative, for the ICAPP Committee on Climate Change.
In addition, SC Members, who are interested in joining the Task force to have in-depth discussions on all the relevant issues to improve the operation and the management of the ICAPP, are also requested to inform the Secretariat. It is proposed that the Task Force will have physical meetings on the sidelines of the SC meetings or virtual discussions between the SC meetings.
SC Members are also kindly reminded to inform the Secretariat, not later than March 20, 2015, if they want to join the ICAPP mission to the Sudan to monitor general elections to be conducted during April 13-15.
?In this regard, attached are the Conclusion of the 24th SC Meeting, and their Appendices.
With warm regards,
Co-Chairman of the Standing Committee
and Secretary General of the ICAPP
March 17, 2015