Activities of the Secretariat
Results of the meeting between UMNO and ICAPP Secretariat
(Kuala Lumpur, March 30, 2015)
1. Preparations for the 24th SC Meeting
- Confirmed the convene the meeting in Kula Lumpur
- Confirmed the tentative program, including the welcoming reception on Feb. 28, one day session on IMEF activities and its future on March 1, one day meeting of the 24th SC on March 2, and a courtesy call on Prime Minister for Heads of Delegations, etc.
2. Hosting of the 9th General Assembly in September 2016
- Agreed to make the formal announcement of the plan at the 24th SC meeting
3. Singing of the MOU on the cooperation for ICAPP activities and Co-sponsoring of the draft resolution at the UNGA by the Malaysian government
- Agreed to submit the recommendation immediately to the cabinet to get the approval before the 24th SC meeting
4. Restructuring the IMEF
- Agreed to prepare more concrete “terms of reference”, including the new name of the group
- Agreed to develop future work program, including coordination with other international and regional organizations and NGOs, establishment of closer networks among the countries in the region, by designating sub-regional and national forward bases.
5. Future of the ICAPP
- Agreed to the need for more focused discussion on the future of the ICAPP at the SC meetings to take important decisions at the 9th GA
- Issues to be considered should include budget for the Secretariat, more concrete selection procedures of the bureau of the SC and Secretary General. More transparent management of the organization, need for more focus on issues relating to regional cooperation, etc.