ICAPP Update (10-14)
2. The Organizing Committee will be established by the two co-hosts, with Hon. Sok An, Vice Chairman of the CPP as its Chairman, and the representative of the FUNCINPEC and Hon. Yos Son of the CPP as its two Vice Chairmen. Hon. Suos Yara of the CPP will be Secretary General of the Organizing Committee.
3. All the political parties in the region which are eligible to participate in the ICAPP activities will be invited to participate in the GA. The formal invitations to the 6th GA will be sent out in early June by the ICAPP Secretariat in coordination with the Organizing Committee.
4. The co-hosts requested Hon. Mushahid Hussain Sayed of the PML to assume the Chairmanship of the Drafting Committee of the Phnom Penh Declaration to be adopted at the closing ceremony of the GA. The Drafting Committee will prepare the first draft Declaration by early June and circulate it among the SC Members.
5. H.E. Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, will be nominated as Chairman of the 6th GA. Six Political Leaders representing six sub-regions in Asia will be nominated as Vice Chairmen of the GA. Representatives from Australia(Oceania), Japan(East Asia), Nepal(South Asia), Azerbaijan(Central Asia), Turkey(West Asia), and Malaysia(Southeast Asia) are recommended to be nominated for Vice Chairmen of the GA.
6. World Leaders, such as H..E. Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations, H.E. Nelson Mandela, former President of South Africa, and H.E. Lee Kuan Yew, Mentor Minister of Singapore, will be invited to the GA as special guests or keynote speakers.
7. Special awards, such as ICAPP Life Time Achievement Award and ICAPP Award for Service to Humanity, will be presented at the gala dinner to be held on Dec. 2 in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the ICAPP.
8. More detailed information regarding the local accommodation and transportation will be provided in due course.
The SC Members are kindly requested to provide their comments or suggestions to the above arrangements, so that the Organizing Committee and the Secretariat can take them into consideration in further development of the program and the arrangements.
With best regards,
April 13, 2010