International Conference of Asian Political Parties

Latest News

ICAPP Updates

Subject ICAPP Update (16-54); ICAPP Mission to U.N.
Writer ICAPP Secretariat
Date 2016/09/28
File

Dear Distinguished Members of the ICAPP Standing Committee,

As informed earlier, I plan to visit the U.N. during October 6-11 to have prior consultations with representatives of key Member States to win the consensus on the draft resolution to invite the ICAPP as an observer at the Sixth Committee meeting of the 71st session of the U.N. General Assembly which will be held in the afternoon of Monday, October 10.

In this regard, SC Members who wish to join the ICAPP mission to the U.N. are requested to inform the Secretariat of their plan. They are also requested to apply for entrance pass for the U.N. Headquarters through their respective missions to the U.N.

The following is my tentative program.

Oct. 6 (Thu)

- 11:05 Arrive at JFK Airport, N.Y. by KE-081

- 13:00 Meeting with Representatives of the Korean Mission

- 19:00 Dinner with Representatives of Co-sponsoring Member States

Oct. 7 (Fri)

- Meetings with Representatives of other Member States (i.e. Argentina, Bangladesh, China, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Sudan, Turkey, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, EU, and more)

- 13:00 Lunch with Representatives of Co-sponsoring Member States

Oct. 10 (Mon)

- Meetings with Representatives of other Member States

- 13:00 Lunch with Representatives of Co-sponsoring Member States

- 14:00 Meeting of the Sixth Committee of the UNGA

Oct. 11 (Tue)

- 14:00 Depart JFK Airport by KE-082

I also plan to stay at One United Nations Plaza Hotel, located in front of the U.N. Headquarters during my stay. SC Members who wish to stay at the hotel may make their own reservations by email either at oneun@milleniumhotels.com or www.millenniumhotels.com. The main telephone number of the hotel is (212) 758-1234.

With warm regards,

Chung Eui-yong

Co-Chairman of the Standing Committee

and Secretary General of the ICAPP

Seoul, Korea

September 28, 2016

Delete    Modify      

List

ICAPP Secretariat and ICAPP-COPPPAL-CAPP Secretariat / Tel. 070-7772-6560~2 / Fax. 02-702-5535 / e-mail : secretariat@theicapp.org
#911 Doryeom Bldg., 37, Saemunan-ro 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03173 Republic of Korea

Copyright © 2020 by theicapp.org All Rights Reserved